Monday, November 9, 2015

Artist Interview: Nina Pandolfo

Nina is one of the Brazilian pioneers in street art, and now she is internationally celebrated as one of the most exciting contemporary artist. We all have seen her beautiful wide-eyed characters painted on the walls of Sao Paulo, visions from another world delivered to the people on the streets. We reached her to talk about her beginnings, her childhood dreams and future plans. Take a break to enjoy this exclusive interview.

Nina Pandolfo is one of the Brazilian pioneers in street art, and now she is internationally celebrated as one of the most exciting contemporary artist. We all have seen her beautiful wide-eyed characters painted on the walls of Sao Paulo, visions from another world delivered to the people on the streets. We reached her to talk about her beginnings, her childhood dreams and future plans. Take a break to enjoy this exclusive interview.


Hello Nina, I spent my last two days trying to make a point on your endless production from street artworks to sculptures and ... Well, there are too many beautiful creations to summarise in a few words. Help me, what do you see when you look back on all of this?

Wow, I'm not so good explaining my work, but it’s quite easy to tell you one thing:
everything I do today is something that comes from the past. Since I was a child I always had this style and these obsessions, the big eyes, the details on the characters, the patterns, the craziness and the idea to transform letters and numbers in characters. Recently I found some of my earlier drawings, and on them there’s the same attention to details that I crave right now. When i look back, i can see all my life, I can definitely see me! If someone wanted to know something about me, my life, and what i have lived, just look at my works chronologically! 



Read The Full Story »

No comments:

Post a Comment